Our clients are public administrations and financial institutions (regional development banks, asset managers, SiCAF, etc.) interested in setting up and managing financial instruments for investments in regional and/or sector-specifics projects.
We act as technical advisor and partner of the fund manager in structuring the financial instrument, originating projects, supporting the valuation and investment process, and subsequent monitoring of the project portfolio.
Fund Management services include:
- Strategic planning for the set-up of financial instruments and specialised instruments
- Technical assistance for the origination, assessment, and valuation of project pipelines in the deployment phase
- Economic and financial due diligence for short-listed projects
- Monitoring and budgeting of investments undertaken
INVESTMENT PROCESS PHASES
FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT SET-UP
Identification and structuring of the financial instrument.
Origination and preliminary assessment of eligible projects given the investment policy, objectives, and evaluation criteria.
PROJECT CLOSING AND MONITORING
Support to the fund manager in the valuation, commercial and financial closing processes, and subsequent monitoring.
- Investments in excess of 265 million euros activated via three Urban Development Funds managed in partnership with Italian banking groups under the JESSICA (Joint European Support for Sustainable Investment in City Areas) programme promoted by the EIB, backed by more than 120 million in EU funds
- Technical assistance to three Social Housing Funds for Piedmont, Veneto, and Central Italy, with an initial budget of more than 220 million euros. Two of the three funds have ongoing scouting activities in local areas to increase the endowment, leveraging the increase from Alternative Investment Fund participation of an additional 50 million euros; for an estimated total amount of 300 million euros
- Nearly 20 million euros already invested in technical assistance to a real estate fund that supports wood-waste biomass cogeneration plants; At the same time, Italian and foreign investment funds have allocated approximately 185 million euros to assess energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for a pipeline of target investments